Principles of Design

Donald Harvey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think this might be a bit big of a question but I was wondering if someone might be able to enlighten me on the Principles of Design and how it's connected with photography...Thanks a million!

I'm not really sure what you mean here. "The principles of design" are [generally] to make a widget which which performs it's intended task in the most intuitive possible manner, which is aesthetically pleasing, and has an appropriate cost to profit ratio. Photography can certainly be used to assist this, providing graphic representation, but apart from that...

I guess that is kind of a hard question to answer...maybe ill do some thinking about how to re-phrase the question...lol i need to go and take a class on photography...solved lol thanks for trying though!

Maybe you mean "composition" - like where to place subjects in the frame and how high or low the horizon should be and that people should have space in front of the direction they are looking or going... perspective and angle and depth...
Is that what you mean..?
Jedo

Yeah, I mean I have the rule of thirds down, and the cool thing on my camera is that I am able to put the guides up that show on the viewfinder. But Someone just said the Principles of Design and I was just wondering what that meant...

Most reactions

Back