Print Sizes?

sxesweets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know (I think...) that there are "standard" print sizes. Do you ever have photos that are edited to odd sizes and shapes? How often? and how do you go about printing them off???

Standard (North American) print sizes are 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, and 16x20. If you're printing your own, you can print any size and shape up to the maximum dimensions that your printer will accept. If you get prints made elsewhere, you'll need to to a proper lab to have custom work done (Read: Pricey) OR you can enlarge the image to the next standard size with a blank area around it, and have it printed anywhere (Wal-Mart).

Thankyou. Will probably do as you reccomend and just up the size, I was wondering if that was the best course of action.

Didn't know about the 11x14 as well so that is good to know:)

I recently cropped an image and had it printed in 16"x9"; an odd print size. I made the canvas size 20"x16", dropped my photo in the center, then bordered the empty space in black. The print came out perfect; 16x9 photo with black border. I went to Ross for a low cost frame, sliced my photo to fit and everything worked nicely.

BTW, I uploaded the photo to the Costco photo site and had it printed (20x16) for only $2.99

Most reactions

Back