Printers? Recommendations on what to do.

gryffinwings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have a Canon Pixma MG6120. This is a multi function printer, scanner, copier. So I found out the hard way that the thing won't even work if there is even one ink reservoir empty, so basically unusable. So now I'm not sure what to do about it, should I just ditch this one and get a different brand or get expensive canon ink, the print quality was good, but the ink didn't seem to last.

Office Max and staples fill and flash ink cartridges.
If you need a cheap printer for everyday stuff Kodak ink is the cheapest out last I knew.
I use a laser printer. Talk about expensive cartridges... you're looking at $60this each! But! It lasts a lot longer than several ink Jer cartridges. Hurts when you have to replace all of them though!!!

When I said the thing won't work, I mean, even the scanner won't work when one tank is empty, which in my opinion is lame.

So I have a Canon Pixma MG6120. This is a multi function printer, scanner, copier. So I found out the hard way that the thing won't even work if there is even one ink reservoir empty, so basically unusable. So now I'm not sure what to do about it, should I just ditch this one and get a different brand or get expensive canon ink, the print quality was good, but the ink didn't seem to last.

Didn't the printer let you know that a tank was running low? My MP990 does, on both the LCD screen and a window pop-up.
I keep an extra set of ink tanks for all that are half full or less. If any tank runs out in the middle of a job, it's only a few minutes
to snap in a new one and continue the job.

When it comes to low end printers...it's usually cheaper to just buy a whole new unit ($30-$50) than to buy new ink. Heck, they would probably give away the printers just to try to sell you the ink & paper etc.

If you are printing a lot of photos, it's not a bad idea to just use a lab. The cost per print isn't really all that much more, after you factor in the cost of the printer, ink and good quality photo paper.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back