Printing and cropping

TiCoyote

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have some images that are unusual dimensions, and I want to get them printed up. MPIX seems to want to crop them to regular dimensions, and it's unclear what Snapfish will do with them.

How can I get one of these services to print my shots on larger sheets and leave white space that I can crop off by hand?

I send odd sized images to Mpix all the time and they get printed the way I want them. Snapfish is who I would worry about.

In fact, I often have 2 or more images printed on the same sheet of print paper, and as long as it meets their size requirements Mpix will even trim them for me.

From Mpix's Support pages:
Mpix.com - Help

How to order custom size prints

Our printers will only print to the aspect ratio of our standard print sizes. You will need to crop your image to our standard sizes before uploading to ensure the correct cropping is done. If you have images that are not sized to our standard print sizes, you will need to place them on a canvas in Adobe Photoshop to get the desired size. Example: a 14x30 image would be placed on a 20x30 canvas (white border) in Photoshop to get the custom print size. Please use the text tool in Photoshop and write in the white border "please trim print" to alert our technicians to trim the image for you. Trimming is only available on print sizes 12x18 and larger.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back