Status
Not open for further replies.

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel better if government stays in charged instead a private company takes over. It is much better to have good government regulation instead some random companies trying to make money. Just curios, what do you think?

it's never better for government to do anything.

.. some random companies trying to make money.
Bless your heart. If you're against companies making money, then I can't help you.

Whether it's the government itself or some private company they all have to abide by the same FAA rules and regulations.

If I had to pick it would be a tough choice. I've flown through a lot of controlled airspace and talked to a lot of controllers and only once were they wrong (that was when they cleared a Navy A-4 Skyhawk through the same airspace I was occupying at the time). They are professional and do their jobs quite well and I've been in a few situations where I depended heavily on them. I don't think that a private company performing the same job would do any better, if for no other reason than they would have to hire the same controllers that the government just fired.

good government regulation

Bless your heart, were you aware that- The Greeks exhaustively classified the elements of rhetoric, or effective speech and writing, and gave the name oxymoron, literally "pointed foolishness," to the deliberate juxtaposing of seemingly contradictory words. The roots of oxymoron - oxys, meaning "sharp" or "keen," and moros, meaning "foolish" - are nearly antonyms themselves, making oxymoron nicely self-descriptive. Oxymoron originally applied to a meaningful paradox condensed into a couple of words, as in "precious bane," "lonely crowd," or "sweet sorrow." Today, however, oxymoron can also refer to unintentional contradictions, like "a plastic glass." (Excerpt from Merriam Webster Online Dictionary for the definition of Oxymoron)

There are no "good government regulations", only "less restrictive", because anything that started out as good has been modified, amended and changed to become a shell of the original intention.

Last edited:
good government regulations are the ones that make the sponsoring congressperson the most money...

Yeah, I don't see this one getting political at all......
Popcorn.gif

off-topic =
divide-by-zero5.jpg

I don't how would privatized air controller help. The air fares will increase and more likely will have lawsuits. I don't think privatized will keep the passengers safe.

..fares will increase..
What would make the fares increase?

Also; why lawsuits? Is there some scenario that you envision that would cause that? Who would be suing whom? Under what conditions?

I don't envision. There are plenty of articles stating that there will be no improvements at all. The passengers, small businesses, and small airports will suffer.

The government can screw things up, but in most cases, I would trust private firms even less. That said, I don't fly unless absolutely necessary.

I don't envision. There are plenty of articles stating that there will be no improvements at all. The passengers, small businesses, and small airports will suffer.

rofl. Did those articles also mention "unnamed sources"?

rofl. Did those articles also mention "unnamed sources"?

Do some researches on yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back