Pro crop d500

Pretty sweet, too bad they didn't have this many years ago when I made the switch. I get the feeling that this will be a very popular body for the birding crowd.

Huh... did NOT see that one coming.
Let me repeat this but in my own words..................Huh... did NOT see that one coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I mean,WOW, I am speechless, since I am a Nikon guy I have been hearing about the all mighty D300 and the aches and pain Nikon fan boy/girls were going through waiting for it replacement.
To all Nikon fans who like sports and wildlife and want a DX camera I can say HALLELUJAH come and get it :1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219:

Do you think it looks like good value?
I think it looks like a great value for what it is...

yeah but you have a 1dm4 now !!
wanna buy a Tamron 150-600 lens .. ooh, it's not for sale. :)
This is going to eat up and spit out every Canon sports camera short of the 1dx II. The 1D4 is very good, but the AF is a little old at this point. I predict the D500 will set the bar very high for DX IQ and ISO performance..

Have you offloaded all your nikon?
Yup, except a Sigma 300 F4 prime.... I mentioned it somewhere a few weeks ago about maybe Canon "knew" something and that was why the 7dm2 had dropped so much in price. It was down to 1050 after rebate with the pro 100 printer. If they knew the D500 was coming, you can bet they pushed up the release of the 7dm3. If only they would start using Sony sensors. Speaking of sensors I wonder who designed the D500 20 mp sensor?

Let me repeat this but in my own words..................Huh... did NOT see that one coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I mean,WOW, I am speechless, since I am a Nikon guy I have been hearing about the all mighty D300 and the aches and pain Nikon fan boy/girls were going through waiting for it replacement.
To all Nikon fans who like sports and wildlife and want a DX camera I can say HALLELUJAH come and get it :1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219::1219:
I certainly did not, that's why I gave up the fight in April. I wish they released this last year I would still be a Nikon shooter :(

Huh. Not very impressive....10 frames per second, 20.9 megapixel sensor, a mere 200-shot RAW frame buffer, 153-point AF system...Expeed 5 processor...4k UHD video capture...ehhhh...ask any Canon 7D-II shooter and he'll tell you this new Nikon is utter crap. Hell, the native ISO range is only 100 ISO to 51,200 ISO, with an expanded range of from ISO 50 to ISO 1,640,000 equivalent. I mean sheeet...it doesn't expand to two million ISO.
Yeah Derrel you right, every Canon fan boy knows Nikon doesn't know how to make cameras :76:LOL
The D500 has 7D II killing potential all over it :)

BTW am I wrong to say that this camera is the first DSLR to have 4K capability ?

I certainly did not, that's why I gave up the fight in April. I wish they released this last year I would still be a Nikon shooter :(
You can always can come back, I know the dark side is very addicting but the Jedi side is far purer and nice LOL

jaomul said:
Do you think it looks like good value?

$1995 at introductory price after a YEARS-long wait for the new, pro-body APS-C camera from Nikon? Are you kidding? Is it a good value?

What do you suppose the price will level out at after this has been on the market for a year? My prediction is in the $1399 to $1499 zone, at full walk-in retail, brand new, after a year on the market.

This camera is an incredibly high-specification camera, for under $2K--at intro!
One thing is sad and Derrel you said it few times in the past is the lack of good abd fast DX lenses, plenty of FX to work with this camera but with a smaller, lighter fast telezoom DX lenses and this would be even sweeter.

I know I am dreaming but dreaming is free so its ok :)

You can always can come back, I know the dark side is very addicting but the Jedi side is far purer and nice LOL
Oh I don't do the dark/light side. They are just black gadgets with glass attached to them... :) I could switch back easily enough by selling my 500 F4, the problem is I wouldn't have a 500 F4 anymore.. :( So then I would have an incredible camera with a big slow(T/S 150-600 or N 200-500) lens and the net gain of higher ISO would wash itself out.

I kinda hope because of this model Nikon does a few new dx specific lenses, something like a 50-140/150 f2.8 similar to fuji and samsung

what bothers me is the $1999 body only price, but then $3069.95 with the DX Nikkor 16-80mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED VR.

that lens is only $690.

where's the other $400 go?

I kinda hope because of this model Nikon does a few new dx specific lenses, something like a 50-140/150 f2.8 similar to fuji and samsung

what bothers me is the $1999 body only price, but then $3069.95 with the DX Nikkor 16-80mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED VR.

that lens is only $690.

where's the other $400 go?
the additional cost of making it a kit lens, which includes a highly expensive engineered box to contain the camera and the lens. :)

Oh I don't do the dark/light side. They are just black gadgets with glass attached to them... :) I could switch back easily enough by selling my 500 F4, the problem is I wouldn't have a 500 F4 anymore.. :( So then I would have an incredible camera with a big slow(T/S 150-600 or N 200-500) lens and the net gain of higher ISO would wash itself out.
I was only joking, I think its silly to jump from one system to another every time a new camera comes out, the 7D II is a plenty good camera and I am sure the 7D III will be a D500 killer but then the D510 will be a 7D III killer and so one and so forth :)

One thing I dont understand is Canon's refusal of going with Sony sensors, I think Nikon is really gaining ground just because it owns the best sensors in the market.

Yeah...agreed on the 50-140mm or 50-150mm lens, something like that is VERY handy on a DX format camera. I have had the 50-135mm f/3.5 Ai-S for about 12 years or so, and have found it to be handy on APS-C, and even MORE handy on FX. Sadly...mine was really screwed up in a mishap this summer. I found that for general landscape/scenic or "event" work outdoors (parades, festivals, stage shows, things like that), the 50mm bottom end is soooooooo much handier than a 70-mm or 80-mm bottom end...it just makes the lens so much handier. Going wider than 70mm is the bonus...at the longer end of the zoom, one can always crop in a bit from 135mm to get the narrower angle of view, but many times it's just not feasible to back the camera up to make up for the 70mm to 50mm angle of view difference.

A 50-135 or 50-140 or 50-150mm at f/2.5, or f/2.5, or f/3.5, any of those aperture points, would be a really nice lens, both on DX and FX.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back