Problem with a Mamiya rb67 pro-sd.

therustytracks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently purchased a Mamiya rb67 pro-sd body in excellent condition, a 90mm sekor C lens, waistlevel view finder, Pro-S revolving back adapter, and an a rb 120 back. The revolving back adapter will only allow the shutter to be released in the vertical orientation. When I rotate the back to the horizontal position, it locks into place with a click. However the shutter release button will only depress about 80% of the way and will not release the shutter. Is there something I'm missing? and yes the dark slide was removed, shutter was cocked, and film advanced. I've tried everything I can think of including trying to test the shutter without the film back. no luck any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to avoid buying another revolving back or even returning this one.

Problem Solved. There was a bent metal track inside of the revolving back preventing one of the pins from being pushed flush by the camera body. It was obstructing the shutter release pin. I had to remove it, bend it back and then replace it.

Don't you love it when you can ultimately answer your own question? :lol:

Good for you, and congrats on the purchase. These are great cameras, and you should have many happy years together!

Now let's see some pictures with that bad boy. :mrgreen:

Yea I was pretty excited. I was worried it would have to be sent back. I bought it from KEH. I've never had an issue with anything I've ever bought from them. I'm just glad It's a completely mechanical machine. It was pretty easy to fix. The hardest part was figuring out what was stopping it. Yea well as soon as I shoot a few rolls and get the chance to fool around in the dark room I'll post some pics. I love this camera already. Even though it weighs like 8lbs fully loaded. My next purchase is going to be a bronica etrs. The size would make it a better camera to walk around with as well as the prices on backs and lenses.

Most reactions

Back