Problems being approved on Model Mayhem

GreyWolf2017

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have any of you experienced difficulties getting approved on Model Mayhem? They seem to be exceedingly nitpicky and uppity.

Really? Not heard of that. I've been in for years, and from what I can tell, a half-dozen decently framed &exoosd images get you in. Can you share
some of the rejected images? Perhaps we could offer some help.

I haven't tried to get on there, but I can see why they have to be that way. I have heard lots of stories of creeps saying they are photographers getting on there just so they can get near models.

I am a digital artist and designer, but because my degree is in Graphic Design, they're using it as an excuse to not approve my profile.

It used to be that you could easily get in. But they're worried about liability b/c of a couple of publicized cases of rapes of models who had responded to a photographer on MM. Plus, most people have stage names on there so identity is "iffy" anyway.

Last time I checked (from a model who tried to get on a year ago), there were some verification issues. You had to respond to prove you weren't a robot. Then they sent a request to you saying "taking a selfie with this message on it facing the camera." So for people who don't do selfies or have trouble uploading photos and sizing them appropriately for MM, those become hassles. I don't know if they've added other verification issues (like you need to copy your DL or passport or whatever).

I am a digital artist and designer, but because my degree is in Graphic Design, they're using it as an excuse to not approve my profile.
Wow... that sounds awfully weird. I wonder if that explains why there are so few new people on it in my area. When I signed up it was, "5 pictures, name.... done".

When I signed up I referred them to my then 10-years old pBase site with 10,000 or so photos, which was under my actual, real first name. Took about 2 days to get approved. That was a few years ago. In the interim, I have heard of some absolutely awful fake photographer incidents in the news so...Maybe they vet new accounts very diligently these days?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back