Problems with my 55-200mm Nikon lens

Maybe it's just my "noob" eye, but the birdfeeder looks in focus to me:blushing:

Its actually in focus before I guess I was using the wrong setting for it. I guess it did the trick.

yeah i don't really know what to say right now. I am once again having problems with this lens and about ready to chuck out the window. I used what one of you guys said to set it on my camera when using that lens. The 1/250 speed and well at first it was working really great. but then i starting playing with the zooming. you know getting it up close. well now it will focus on auto-focus but won't take the picture unless you zoom outward. Would really love more help with this ...annoying problem. It just basically won't take a picture up close anymore when you zoom in from far away. thanks.

The photo you posted was done with flash.

In low light there is not enough contrast for the lens to focus, unless you have the AF Assist function turned on. Did you?

That works ok for subjects that are within 10 feet or so of the camera.

Because of the Inverse Square Law that little AF Assist light on the camera can't throw enough light to help auto focus beyond 10 feet, so when you zoom out you're usually reaching out to a subject beyond that 10 foot range.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your lens. I think you're wanting it to perform beyond it's capabillites, but don't understand what the limits of those capabilities are.

Further, the auto focus module is in the camera body (the bottom of the body actually), not the lens. The lens does transmit information to the camera but it's the camera that tells the lens what to do.

Okay well I am just getting frustrated with it but ill keep working on it. the AF assist function where is that exactly?

Okay well I am just getting frustrated with it but ill keep working on it. the AF assist function where is that exactly?
Open your camera users manual to page 187. That is the index.

Go down the left column till you see "A". Go down the column a little further till you see "AF-assist" go to the page it references.

Do you know what RTFM stands for?:lol:

Open your camera users manual to page 187. That is the index.

Go down the left column till you see "A". Go down the column a little further till you see "AF-assist" go to the page it references.

Do you know what RTFM stands for?:lol:

Real Time Financial Management???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Most reactions

Back