processing - yuk

raider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
went to a popular copier service to get some shots "developed" from a cd. thought it might be decent. apparently they just use a printer - a bad one at that. there were striations on the pics, edges cut off - I had it sized at 8x10 and they printed on 8.5x11. wonder if I can get my money back? I guess it's ok for everyday, but not for professional - I just had to have these quick.

Always check your prints before you pay for them. Especially if it's your first time there. Any good business should reprint for you but you never know.

i just don't think they have the equipment - but their site says 'lab-quality prints'

What was the name of the place, so people know they give a bad service

well, it was all right service...actually I had to redo the cd because they didn't tell me what to orient the pictures to...actually it wasn't a good experience for me. It starts with a k and ends with a ko's. there - no names.

update - great customer service - did a reprint to get the whole pic on the sheet, but still looked like it was from a printer running out of ink. especially the calendar - I thought they would print it on glossy at least. oh well, lesson learned - upload to my labtricity labs!

Hmmm I thought kinko's is supposed to be good at printing stuff. I got an image printed on glossy paper once from them at 11x14 (IIRC) and it came out quite nicely. But if it's not working for you, then maybe you should try a real photo lab instead of a kinko's store. They might have better equiptment for printing higher-quality images. I think kinko's specializes more in printing large quantities of text documents, and collating and binding and such more than printing photographs anyway.

Most reactions

Back