Product Photos - Still not as sharp and even as I would like.

Alex thanks, I am going to post them side by side here so we can look at them easier, hope you dont mind.

IMG_1621.sized.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

I have mixed feelings about these.
You brought out some detail in the light, and its a bit sharper for sure.
But I am not sure how I feel about the overal look of it, it seems to start to look a bit un-natural, though yours is much better than what I end up with, seems when I PP sharpen it gets ugly fast.

I like the cleaner background, but it makes it look odd to me.
There is such a strong contrast where it meets the light, that it looks like the light was pasted onto it....
or, is that what you did? lol

What would your main complaint about my photos be?
For me, its just not super "clean" and professional looking.
Still looks like a typical "good" point and shoot photo.

What do you think of the lighting?

Hey, I cant say anything about living on a forum,
I spend WAY too much time on CandlePowerForums.com and its getting that way here also :blushing:

Thanks for the help.
I will try keeping it on ISO 100, and try the mirror lock also next time.
~John

It does look odd, but it was more than likely just a quick PS job to show you how a solid clean background can help the image.

What are you using for post processing? If it is a basic image viewer that has a few tweaks, sharpening is usually a bad thing. Use photoshop, gimp or anything like that and apply an unsharp mask (USM) to the picture. You only need a little bit.

I realize it wasnt meant to be the best looking edit, I appreciate it, and it did show what he meant, and how things could be done.

I have been using ACDSee for all my exposure adjustments, it is ALOT easier to use, and ALOT better at showing you a preview of the image.
You can toggle back and forth really easy.
Its sharpening is ok, less controls than PS though, not really sure if its up to par on the PS one or not.
I need to practice more with the PS Un-Mask Sharpening.

~John

Most reactions

Back