Professional Photo Editing HELP!

laurpie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone with expert photo editing skills knows if they could remove the girl from this picture and still make it look like a quality picture. It's my fiancé’s favorite band, but unfortunately it's his ex and he was hoping to hang it up if he could figure how to remove her from the picture. Any help would be amazing. I am willing to pay through paypal for this service (if it’s even possible). Thank you in advance!!

I have attached the picture.
Image deleted per forum guidelines

Best,

Lauren

Last edited by a moderator:
I can do it but I will get yelled at.

Can anyone help?? Please!!!

No as has been pointed out you don't own the copyright to the photos. I'm actually surprised a they haven't been removed as forum rules state you cannot post photos that are not yours.

Hi Lauren, as you may have noticed, the images you posted have been removed. TPF does not permit the posting of images to which the poster does not hold rights, and will certainly NOT condone the solicitation of copyright infringment which is what editing the image would be. While this may seem trivial to you, this is a forum of photographers, ranging from new amateurs to working professionals, and copyright is something that we as a community take very seriously. Not only would it be illegal for someone to edit that image without the express permission of the original PHOTOGRAPHER, but it would be grossly unethical as well.

Why not simply have a new photo taken?

Folks, it looks like this is a photo of the band with her fiance, and unfortunately his ex. Not a press photo of the band release through the media. Meaning, it sounds like OP's fiance owns this photo, and there are no copyrights to worry about. Am I wrong?

Folks, it looks like this is a photo of the band with her fiance, and unfortunately his ex. Not a press photo of the band release through the media. Meaning, it sounds like OP's fiance owns this photo, and there are no copyrights to worry about. Am I wrong?
The fiance would only own the copyright, if obtained the copyright (not just a print) from the photographer, or the company who the photographer was working for.

In this case, the photographer may not care...but it's a slippery slope.

It would be VERY unusual for the copyright to have been transferred. Most people assume that once they pay for an image, it's theirs to do with as they please, but the legal reality is quite different. Essentially, buying a photograph, even one of you and your family is the same as buying MS Office - you don't actually own the software, rather just the right to use it in certain, limited ways. As Mike said, it's quite possible that the photographer wouldn't care one way or the other, BUT, it's a very slippery slope indeed.

It would be VERY unusual for the copyright to have been transferred. Most people assume that once they pay for an image, it's theirs to do with as they please, but the legal reality is quite different. Essentially, buying a photograph, even one of you and your family is the same as buying MS Office - you don't actually own the software, rather just the right to use it in certain, limited ways. As Mike said, it's quite possible that the photographer wouldn't care one way or the other, BUT, it's a very slippery slope indeed.

Gotcha. I suppose that makes sense. Thanks!

IIRC, the image that was posted had a logo on it.

We can post links to photos we don't own rights to. Valid rights could be a use license or copyright.

My question is why is someone who has been a member for 2 months only has 2 posts and does not understand that just being in the photo does not mean you own the copyright to the photo an administrator on the forum.

I just wouldn't admit to having my photo taken with 311.

I am not an administrator so I have no idea what you are talking about I was just looking for help or advice. Thank you to all who were able to explain what I can and can't do. That was all I was really looking for.

Most reactions

Back