Project 365

Gaerek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm just curious, of those who started one of these, how many are still at it?

I started one, but didn't even make it to two weeks.

For those who are still at it, use this as an excuse to post what you have so far.

For those who stopped, post why you stopped.

For me, I stopped because I wasn't shooting because I wanted to, I was shooting because I had to get my shot of the day. It became a chore, and I wasn't enjoying it. I shoot when I feel like it, not because I feel a need to for some arbitrary goal.

A friend and I started a Project 52, one photo a week. After a while I had so many ideas I started shooting every day. After 2 weeks I switched to a 365. I have done well until about 2 weeks ago when we went on a trip. Since then I've had trouble getting back into it (and back into other things, like P90x). I've missed some days, but that's ok. Because I'm doing this for me, I make the rules.

I think it's good to try to shoot a photo every day and post it somewhere. It makes you think. Sometimes you push yourself and fail. That's gonna happen. It's good not only to fail, but to try to figure out why you failed. Why the photo in your head didn't come to life. And other times photos just pop into your head or you happen to be in the right place at the right time. Then there are times you push yourself and it works out great. I think this process has helped my creativity.

Seems like a good enough reason to stop to me... The reason I would probably not consider photography as a profession, and to just keep it a hobby is that I can do it on my time and actually enjoy it, feeling little to no pressure at all.

Since then I've had trouble getting back into it (and back into other things, like P90x). I've missed some days, but that's ok. Because I'm doing this for me, I make the rules.

I wish I felt that way about getting off track with p90x. :confused:

Tony's gonna be so angry with me when I put that DVD back in. (Not to mention my thighs!):lmao:

Stopped because 1. I prefer film to digital; and 2. It's supposed to be my fun hobby and I don't want to feel like I have to produce something every day.

I had one also, I stopped because I didn't have the time to take a picture every day, upload it into the computer, edit it, you get the idea....
It did become a chore, I also lasted about 2 weeks.

Most reactions

Back