PROJECT PHOTOGRAPHY RULES AND SIGN-UP

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
This is the rules and sign-up thread for round 1 of project photography.

This first round is open to anyone who would like to compete. Each participant can sumbit 1 entry. All submissions must be in by Midnight UTC on Tuesday, August 8th. Nothing will be accepted that is even slightly late, so make sure to get submissions in early.

After the deadline the panel of judges will go through and evaluate and score all entries. Scoring will be based on creativity/originality, technical aspects and execution of idea. Rating will be given in each category on a scale from 1-5 (5 being the highest possible score). A submission can recieve a total of 15 points.

For this first round, any piece recieving a score of 10 or above will be entered into round 2. Scores, winners, and the next challenge will be announced around Midnight UTC Thrusday, August 10th .

When considering entering please take into account that this is more than just one round. Please don't enter this unless you really to want to participate in a longer, serious photography contest. The winners of this challenge will receive another challenge and will be given the same amount of time to complete it. Judges will again score the entries and eliminate the contestants with the lowest scores. The number of people eliminated each round will be determined by the number of people in round 2. This process will continue until there is only 3 contestants left. The final 3 will then be given one last challenge and the judges will determine the final winner.

For helping with time use time.gov and use 'UTC'

If you have any questions or need clarification feel free to ask.

The topics will sometimes be very open and participants can be very creative, other time the topics will be very specific and well defined.

The round 1 topic is "Communication"

You can be creative with this topic but make sure it conveys the concept.

EDIT: Also, all submissions are final. Don't chane photos after you have posted a submission, even if it's not the deadline. This makes it easier for the judges.

And, all this work it to be new. Don't post old work.

Hmmm best shoot film then guys! ;) (j/k)

Edit: this is a good idea btw.

Do a shot emulsion transfer with a polaroid sx-70 and terri will find a way to give you 20 out of 15 points :lol:
Damn skippy! :mrgreen:

Seriously, as all our members continuously prove, we have an amazing wealth of talent here. :thumbup: I'm pleased and excited to be helping judge this contest.

Good luck to all, and have fun with it! :D

terri said:
Damn skippy! :mrgreen:

Seriously, as all our members continuously prove, we have an amazing wealth of talent here. :thumbup: I'm pleased and excited to be helping judge this contest.

Good luck to all, and have fun with it! :D
What she said

****! I'm going to Montreal in 3 days, I have to do this tomorow! Must think of great photo idea...

I'm glad this got off the ground, its a great idea. Good luck everyone!

Very cool. I gotta think of something here.

Cant seem to get that Zeppelin tune..Communication Breakdown..out of my head now.

I'm glad this got started. Now, all I need is a great photo idea and some skill. Hmm.... :confused: :blushing:

Chiller said:
Very cool. I gotta think of something here.

Cant seem to get that Zeppelin tune..Communication Breakdown..out of my head now.
This should help.....

...I don't know what it is I like about you, but I like it a lot
Won't you let me hold you, now, let me feel your lovin' touch

Communication breakdown, it's always the same
Havin' a nervous breakdown, a-drive me insaaaane....

:band:

The judges should be anonymous to facilitate real judging. This forum is too nice sometimes. Not that that's a bad thing.

Most reactions

Back