Promo photos for Stunt Actress

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by chuasam, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Granddad

Granddad Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    To my mind it was a perfectly reasonable suggestion made politely and with a very good point . If people don't want any critique they can post their images in the "Just For Fun" forum.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Valid point. Unfortunately it is still a distraction as it looks as if the ink is running down the arm. I've never been a big fan of tattoos on men or women, a lot of that comes from seeing the mistakes people have permanently etched on their bodies.

3. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Ever one to beat a dead horse, I will offer this one thought: Even if the photographer doesn't know proper firearm handling, the stunt actor certainly should. So this is intended to be a promotional photo, showing her skill and knowledge of firearms, she should at least know how to handle them.

IOW: it's not entirely your responsibility to know about firearms, given that she is supposed to be the expert.

So now she's got a promo shot that indicates she knows next to nothing about handling a firearm. Not much of a promo shot if she doesn't get an audition.

Re-shoot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Donde

Donde TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Unless the photo is supposed to be instructional about the use of firearms it matters not one whit how she holds the gun. It is just a photographic prop like a wine glass or any other object she might hold in her hands. Your photos (not the subsequent ones) are very nice especially the first. I think in the second the shadow behind her is an awkward element.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chuasam

chuasam Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I have to keep the tattoos as is. It’s insulting to the client (unless they ask for it), deceptive to the casting director.

• Agree Agree x 1