Lynnzora
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jan 27, 2009
- Messages
- 200
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Southern California
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
This isn't a big deal at all either way but I'm just curious about people's opinion on the subject.
I've seen repeatedly on this site, a newby get on here EXTREMELY excited because a friend or someone may have seen their photos and asked them to shoot a wedding or party or portraits. There's alway the couple of people who try to talk them out of it or discourage by saying that as a newbie they have no business taking a photography job. Obviously more than a few people feel this way. I'm just interested in finding out why. Not interested in arguing but just some honest (yet tactful) opinions.
As I mentioned in my other thread, there's going to be those people who can't afford to afford that $2,000 wedding package from a seasoned pro... So they're going to find someone who they can afford. Usually they'll turn to someone just starting off., friends, and family. I just don't get what's wrong with that as long as the consumer is happy with the end result.
I've seen repeatedly on this site, a newby get on here EXTREMELY excited because a friend or someone may have seen their photos and asked them to shoot a wedding or party or portraits. There's alway the couple of people who try to talk them out of it or discourage by saying that as a newbie they have no business taking a photography job. Obviously more than a few people feel this way. I'm just interested in finding out why. Not interested in arguing but just some honest (yet tactful) opinions.
As I mentioned in my other thread, there's going to be those people who can't afford to afford that $2,000 wedding package from a seasoned pro... So they're going to find someone who they can afford. Usually they'll turn to someone just starting off., friends, and family. I just don't get what's wrong with that as long as the consumer is happy with the end result.
) If you're very good, you're going to be in demand. If you have one scrap of a brain cell in your head and you find you're super busy... what are you going to do? Raise your prices. In fact, you'll keep raising them until the point where you start making less money because you will have hit the point where your quality is about at match with what people are willing to pay for it. Then you'll look around you and realize that your work is probably on-par with others around you who are charging about as much. (and everyone else who is threatened by you can relax)