Prothonotary Warbler

CourtSC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Don't think there's really anything special about this photo....but I really like this little bird! I wish I could darken the right bottom corner some...seems distracting to me...thoughts?

I think it's a great looking bird. It is underexposed. See if you can lighten it up a decent amount and crop a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's a great looking bird. It is underexposed. See if you can lighten it up a decent amount and crop a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^+1
Select the bird and lighten it up, then see if maybe you can crop at least some of that brightest corner out. It's distracting because it's so much brighter than the bird, so maybe if you can lighten the bird up, it'll help with that.

Prothonotary warblers are such beautiful little birds! Got my first decent pictures of one a couple of weeks ago, and from what I hear, in another couple of weeks, they'll be all the place at one of my regular spots, so I'm hoping to find more of them.

I do like the composition of this shot.

I agree with the others, but I wonder what the band means?

Heck, I'm bored. And you said it was ok ;)

$prothonotary.jpg

Cropped just a bit, then added a slight amount of vignetting just to shadow those bright corners a bit. Then created a layer of just the bird so I could brighten that up a little more, then sharpened a little. Interesting note, the bird appears to be tagged for one reason or another.

Edit: Beaten to the tag!

Looks much nicer the second 1. I just love these fluffy birds, we don't have them here :(

I had a crack too just for fun. The hanging leaves stopped me getting the framing I would go for but you coooould do some cloning, I'm just not very good at that. You could do a lot more with the original file. Was it already cropped?

dfsadf-1_zps1dea86ec.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. No one has mentioned that that bird is banded (right leg) or am I seeing things (again.) :sexywink: Lee

Actually 2 people have already mentioned it ;)

Thank you so much for the edits....really shows me how much I need to learn!
Not sure why the bird is banded. I was at an Audobon swamp, so maybe they tag the animals they see? I definitely lack PP skills....the idea of "creating a layer just for the bird" is like another language! :eek:( I just have no clue what I'm doing!

I cropped A LOT from the original. The bird seemed so far away...and it was actually a photo I got in focus! Here's the original.

Don't get too hard on yourself now, this is a very tricky shot and not ideal conditions and you made the most of it. That's what counts. I also like Dan's version there, that's very well done. A beautiful yellow bird that really stands out. Not bad shooting at all. If you can, take a few shots of birds with the sun directly at your back and keep the shutter speeds up, you will be fine because you already are getting some darn good shots. If you could see my first bird shots, you would laugh your head off :) :)

All the best and please, just keep them coming.

Danny.

Most reactions

Back