I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK...I can't wrap my head around this color thing.

Images look different when opened in photoshop than they do...in Internet explorer or other image applications.

What do I need to do so that what I do in PS...is what it will look like on the web?

I'll leave the whole print & monitor calibration thing until a later time.

Color issues are hard to conquer if you dont know what your looking for. You can try this out if you like. Windows and Mac set color up differantly mac gives you brighter output so if your on a mac that may explain, becuase the web is primarily set up for window coded output. But back to photoshop; try going to the image menu then select on mode and setup your profiles. This is going to be based on what you want your output to look like. Select what looks best. I recommend one of the srgb profiles(they keep the color gamut closest to CMYK or print color).

Then even after selecting profiles my images still alter when I save for web and it cuts the colors down to websafe. On making what you see most closely look like what the image will be viewed go to the View menu and select monitor rgb. This doesn't really change what your photo looks like but allows you to see what its going to look like in differant color spaces.

Try that out to start. Color is a complex issue to discuss in only a few paragraphs but hopefully this will open some doors for you.

Most reactions

Back