Pssssst guess who's here!

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hi guys!

Well, just read the 'Belly pics' thread and thought I'd update you even further!

Our baby arrived right on cue, at 2:06am on the due date of August 27th.

We have a beautiful daughter! Her name is Maya Isabella (pronounced My-ah) and she weighed 7 pounds 12 oz and is 19 inches in length. She has a full head of the silkiest dark hair, blue eyes and red clara-bow shaped lips.

I went into labour around 11pm on Saturday (26th Aug) and spent the next day labouring at home and just being generally relaxed (read the Sunday paper, took a sunset walk with my mum and mother-in-law along the beach and decided to go to the hospital around 8pm.

However, at around 9pmish, the midwife did an internal and found I was only 1cm dilated and said that we'll pretty much have to go home and come back later. After 22 hours of labour....it was pretty disappointing. But she did a 'sweep' during the internal and hooked me up to a saline iv drip (because I was a bit dehydrated) and we started our aromatherapy oil burner with Clary Sage oil (which I used to start my labour to begin with) and it got the contractions moving to the point where the midwife was satisfied to let me stay for a bit longer...

The midwife was just about to do another internal to see where I was in dialtion, 5 hours later when, all of a sudden, my body gave an almighty push, there was a pop and my waters were broken. I moved onto my knees, draped over an exercise ball and started pushing.

Josh moved to a chair behind me and the midwife watched him and instructed him as I pushed our baby into his waiting hands and he pulled her out into the world. He passed her between my legs and we cuddled her together.

Oh man, I have never felt such relief and pure joy then in that moment I saw her....I criedddddd! I fell in love in a way I have never fell in love before with the most beautiful being I have ever seen in my life.

I'm happy too in that the birth was how I wanted it to be; there was no pain relief whatsoever, it was done in a relaxed and natural home-type environment (midwife assisted only, in a birthing centre)...I guess I was lucky. People asked me, before the birth, if I was nervous about labour and whatnot but my attitude was: bring it on....I just felt positive about it.

Oh, here's a couple of pics too ;)....this was taken about an hour after Maya's birth...

Mayaresize2.jpg

Couple of hours after her birth...(sorry, bit blurry)

Maya054.jpg

Oh joy, oh bliss!! I'm so thrilled to hear it went well, and to see the pics of your beautiful little Maya! She looks so sweet and peaceful in the pictures. Congratulations.
strollergirl.gif

Awwwww!!!!! Congratulations Lumi!!!!

(I don't actually have time to read your whole post now, but I swear I will later!!!)

Yay!
baby_feetgirl.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS, Mommy and Daddy!

Maya is beautiful! Congrats to you both!

I applaud the natural delivery as I did it myself, and it's really not so bad, is it, when you have a positive focus and think about the prize at the end? :) I am so happy it went exactly the way you wanted it!

I know how busy you are right now, but I hope we get more pictures when time (and Maya) permits! :heart:

Oh Tina, congratulations and she is beautiful! :love: I am so glad that you were able to have the birth that you wanted, it sounds just perfect. I love her name, too! I think it's wonderful that Josh was able to help her enter the world, Aubrey plans to do the same at our birth in a few weeks.

Can't wait to see more pictures when you have time :)

wow... Congratulations! :cheer:

Aww... Another little Lumi! How cute!!!!

Congrats to you both for the new little Lumi in your life. Well done!

whoa. go away for a few months and people are havin babies when you get back.

huge congratulations to you Lumi. glad you're doing well!

Congrats!!! My last 2 babies have been midwife assisted homebirths and I don't think there is anything better than allowing nature to run its course!!! She's beautiful!! Treasure the next few months!

Most heartfelt congratulations :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back