Published photographer?

, but then perhaps I'm just old-fashioned and narrow-minded; while unappealing, those two words have been directed my way before!
You are young yet but you will know you have arrived when those two are preceded by 'curmudgeon'.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think when your photos appear IN PRINT, you are most definitely a "published photographer". As far as on-line...I dunno...I really do not consider on-line to be "publishing" in the traditional sense, but then perhaps I'm just old-fashioned and narrow-minded; while unappealing, those two words have been directed my way before!
Yes, published in print. Otherwise we are all published by virtue of being on this forum. I think there might be exceptions to that - there are now on-line only periodicals that have taken the place of print periodicals, and this is a thing that is going to become more common.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

So, @KMH_86, as you can see, it’s not a black and white definition. ;)

I think when your photos appear IN PRINT, you are most definitely a "published photographer". As far as on-line...I dunno...I really do not consider on-line to be "publishing" in the traditional sense, but then perhaps I'm just old-fashioned and narrow-minded; while unappealing, those two words have been directed my way before!
I think it would be fair to consider ones self "published", in this day and age, if you work appeared in the on-line version of an established periodical...

Because of the age we live in there are magazines that have been printed in the past but now are only on the net. So when a work of yours is selected for inclusion in that on-line magazine to my mind you are published.

Thanks for responding everyone!

Hey all, if I’m commissioned by an advertising/marketing company to capture some images and then they are used to digitally advertise them for their client, would that technically make me a “published” photographer?
Why wouldnt it ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back