pumpkin baby, CC please

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so my sister and her husband thought itd be cute to buy a big pumpkin and put my 6 month old nephew in it for a little photosession, i figured id be nice and try my best with my d40.

heres a few i got. CC please. i know my focal points are a little off.

i have a real hard time trying to manually focus my 50mm/1.8, im not sure why but its a big PITA. especially when a lil baby isn't the most still of subjects :lol:

5048146953_438fb0e9c6_b.jpg

5048766626_9b12996fd2_b.jpg

5048765748_e5ab1abd88_b.jpg

5048144345_6166f06fbe_b.jpg

45 views and not a single critique, you suck, your pics fail, or anything? wow.

Thats a massive pumpkin.

The last one doesn't really do it for me. It would be one thing if the pumpkin was carved like a traditional jack-o-lantern, but that just looks like the gallows/a medieval stock.

A little selective toning would work wonders for these. The face on the little one is a bit on the orange side. I also agree that the pumpkin needed more of a traditional look to it.

Also, the pin lights in the center of the eyes is a bit distracting.

A little selective toning would work wonders for these. The face on the little one is a bit on the orange side. I also agree that the pumpkin needed more of a traditional look to it.

+1!

And i would probably clone out the holes where the arms were intended to go.. and just leaving the feet, since the arm were not put to use.

But thats just me.

Like Jason said, possibly play around with the toning... or some pp of some-sort. Super cute kid, love the shots!

what r u callin selective toning? like the last one? not sure what its called. im trying to work some new editing stuff, im still pretty dang amatuer. definitely new to taking potrait style shots. his face doesnt look orange to me, but my monitor isnt calibrated, so it could be.

and i didnt cut the pumpkin, my sister and her husband did, i was just trying to be nice and take some semi-professional lookin shots.

i could edit out the pin lights, i noticed it too but didnt bother, guess i need to now :confused:

overall how are they?

+1!

And i would probably clone out the holes where the arms were intended to go.. and just leaving the feet, since the arm were not put to use.

But thats just me.

Like Jason said, possibly play around with the toning... or some pp of some-sort. Super cute kid, love the shots!

i PPd these, not too over aggresive bc i didnt wanna over do it. i tried to make him stand out on the last shot, i guess i didnt do it right? yea, the arm thing didnt work out like that wanted to, but im not going to clone it out bc i dont want them to feel like theres something wrong.

wasnt my choice :D

Remove the "My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit" from your profile. It is much easier to show you than just tell you.

yea, the arm thing didnt work out like that wanted to, but im not going to clone it out bc i dont want them to feel like theres something wrong.

I'm betting they would have no problem with it... You could present them with both options and let them choose.

Remove the "My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit" from your profile. It is much easier to show you than just tell you.

you go ahead, i dont want everyone doing it but have at it. PM it to me and ill post it if u dont feel comfortable. thanks

yea, the arm thing didnt work out like that wanted to, but im not going to clone it out bc i dont want them to feel like theres something wrong.

I'm betting they would have no problem with it... You could present them with both options and let them choose.

i just tried it and it didnt turn out too pretty, was a lot harder to clone than i thought :lol: then again, im in the beginning stages of this editing stuff

Overall I think you did great considering it was your first portrait! I think they're cute! I really like the second one. It falls wonderfully into the rule of thirds. I would clean up the spit on his cheek in post and like PerfectlyFlawed said and clone out the holes. That way your focus isn't drawn down away from his face to the holes. I can see what they're saying with the orange colour cast on his face, but being a newbie like yourself, I have no idea how to fix it :) You did a great job!

Nice day out with the kid and a few snapshots.

Relish these times because next week they'll be expecting you to pay the bar tab.

Nice day out with the kid and a few snapshots.

Relish these times because next week they'll be expecting you to pay the bar tab.

not my kid, my nephew. and they werent just snapshots, i tried... but thanks :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back