What's new

Puppy Portraits

mjhousto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 12, 2016
Messages
14
Reaction score
9
Location
Massachusetts
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some photos I took of my in-laws' puppy, Tuck, shortly after they brought him home back in May. I hope you enjoy them. Who doesn't like puppy photos?

All photos are taken using a Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 lens.













 
Cute pup (of course what puppy isn't cute?). One thought would be to shoot from a greater or distance or with a wider focal length to avoid cropping bits of his/her head out of the frame.
 
I like that last one. He's being stealthy?
 
One thought would be to shoot from a greater or distance or with a wider focal length to avoid cropping bits of his/her head out of the frame.

Thanks for the critique. When I shot these the 105 was the only lens I had. I did my best to put distance between us, but believe it or not, he kept running after me! I like the close crop on a couple of them, but I agree that most would benefit from more space around the dog.

I like that last one. He's being stealthy?

He was doing his best. Unfortunately for him he was quite large for a puppy. He is over 120 lbs now and is not yet 1 year old.
 
Oh, so he's really a buffalo in disguise. A cutie, non the less.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom