Photos NOT OK to edit
Found these hiking this weekend decided to try a close up

Attachments

• $P5250039.JPG
    $P5250039.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 86
Nice color, did you process this shot?

Pretty nice.

For future reference though, I would have shot a wider aperture to blur the background more and isolate the flowers.

Pretty nice.

For future reference though, I would have shot a wider aperture to blur the background more and isolate the flowers.

Might be a little difficult to do with the OP's camera:

[PhotoME]
PhotoME version: 0.79R17 (Build 856)

[Overview]
URL: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...71d1369809015-purple-wild-flower-p5250039.jpg
File type: JPEG
File size: 387.1 KB
Creation date: 5/25/2013 04:27
Last modification: 5/29/2013 21:47
Make: OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP. (OLYMPUS | Global Homepage)
Camera: VR340,D750
Software: Version 1.0
Dimension: 700 x 525 px (0.4 MP, 4:3)
Focal length: 4.2 mm (equiv. 24 mm)
Aperture: F3
Exposure time: 1/80"
ISO speed rating: 100/21°
Program: Creative program (biased toward depth of field)
Metering Mode: Center-weighted average
White Balance: Auto
Flash: Flash did not fire, auto mode

I just boosted the color a little bit. And the fact the my camera is nothing fancy makes it a bit harder to capture the photos how i see them.

Since these are in the macro gallery and your EXIF data says "Program: Creative program (biased toward depth of field)," I'm guessing you used the "macro" creative mode? While shooting in that mode doesn't automatically result in a macro photo, you may be able to focus closer shooting in it. Was this the closest you could get while keeping the flower in focus?

I just boosted the color a little bit. And the fact the my camera is nothing fancy makes it a bit harder to capture the photos how i see them.
I think you are on the right track. Just seeing a picture, that others might not is a good start. And I love those kinds of flowers. Don't know if I am supposed to cause I am a guy; but I have to work with a "less than fancy camera" too at times, and it's fun to experiment with such, trying different distances, centering, and just getting "that shot." You will recognize it when you see it. :D

Tasha,

I wasn't putting your camera down... just letting EDL know that some things were beyond what it is capable off. Nothing wrong with shooting what you have! I like to hike also.. and sometimes I get tired of carrying a 40 lb pack of dslr gear.. so a smaller camera can be good. I have been posting some stuff I recently took with a Point and Shoot that belongs to my girlfriend. Just keep shooting, and with practice... it can look really good.

Last edited:
and sometimes I get tired of carrying a 40 lb pack of dslr gear.. so a smaller camera can be good. I have been posting some stuff I recently took with a Point and Shoot that belongs to my girlfriend. Just keep shooting, and with practice... it can look really good.
This is one of the things I was thinking too. I am buying a bunch of more professional gear soon, but it will be too much for me to enjoy some rugged mountain hikes I have planned for this summer. My Canon Power Shot is looking like the likely candidate for some of those trips. What kind of camera did you do that with Tasha 10?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back