Purty Colors!

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I realized today that the last time I calibrated my monitors was in November so I spent some time calibrating them both. I also cleaned them both prior to calibration. It's amazing how much clearer things look now ;)

Yes, I could tell my software to remind me to calibrate them but the pop-ups get annoying.

Do yourself a favor, calibrate them from time to time!

What's the best way to calibrate one? Or rather, what are some of the more popular/efficient ways of calibrating one for good color?

In my opinion there is ONLY one way to properly calibrate a monitor and that is with a calibration device. You can sort of do it by looking at color swatches but it is nowhere near as accurate as using a colorimeter to do it.

There are a number of calibration devices available. Probably the most common among hobbyists is the Datacolor Spyder. Others are Acratech, Eizo, NEC, and X-Rite.

I have two monitors, and one of them came with an I-One (now NEC) colorimeter. With a compatible monitor I don't have to do anything but plug it in and let it run for about 10 minutes. I use a Spyder 3 (the current one is the Spyder 4) on my other monitor and have to adjust the colors, brightness, and contrast by hand until they fall within the parameters the colorimeter wants. It takes longer but that monitor isn't supported by the I-One device.

Last edited:
There is ONLY one way to properly calibrate a monitor and that is with a calibration device. You can sort of do it by looking at color swatches but it is nowhere near as accurate as using a colorimeter to do it.

There are a number of calibration devices available. Probably the most common among hobbyists is the Datacolor Spyder. Others are Acratech, Eizo, NEC, and X-Rite.

I have two monitors, and one of them came with an I-One (now NEC) colorimeter. With a compatible monitor I don't have to do anything but plug it in and let it run for about 10 minutes. I use a Spyder 3 (the current one is the Spyder 4) on my other monitor and have to adjust the colors, brightness, and contrast by hand until they fall within the parameters the colorimeter wants. It takes longer but that monitor isn't supported by the I-One device.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been using the Datacolor Spyder's for the last few years and they seem to do the trick.

Most reactions

Back