Putting advice into practice!(2 for c&c)

Foxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took another night photograph I particularly like, but this time I took into account some advice I was given last thread... :)

On the subject of brights objects in dark environments, how can I bring out the most detail in the surroundings without overexposing the object?

Blend 2 images, or use supplimental lighting, like strobed light.

When I talk about composition, you should take my statements well salted, as I'm not pro in the area. However, I feel the horizontal framing is interfering with the vertical lines, and somehow the total impression of the image leaves me a bit tense. As a general rule, when I take a picture in which I know there will be vertical lines, I take it in portrait orientation.

So here is the result!

look__look_at_our_grass_by_pianoblack97-d4ax9vr.jpg

What do you think? Critique please?

Also, some more fall for you:

dueling_on_the_grate_by_pianoblack97-d4atcmm.jpg

Fire away!

Good job with the vertical lines and portrait orientation for #1. I like the pattern but I think the picture would look better if all the lights were in focus.

I really like the colours and the door in #2. Maybe a wider shot or portrait orientation could give the door some context of where it is.

I agree the shallow DOF doesn't look very good and that all the lights should have been well within the DOF.

Where was #1 taken?

I really like #2, has great balance imo.

look__look_at_our_grass_by_pianoblack97-d4ax9vr.jpg

After several re-takes I'm finally satisfied. This is as good as it's going to get.

I am jealous! I love #2, of course, I collect images of doors and windows and that one is terrific!

Most reactions

Back