Python/GIMP

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, trying to install Python on my PC (posted a question the other day re: Mac OS). GIMP is telling me that I have to use an older version (2.5 or 2.6... not latest 2.7) of Python.

Downloaded the ZIP file and unpacked it, but now not sure what to do with it.

Any ideas?

Have you downloaded the Windows executable (a .exe file)? Or does it need compiling, in which case you will need a compiler.

It's not exe. I guess I need a compiler?

Ugh. The whole reason for getting it is so I can install a x-pro plug in. The only plug in I could find requires python.

Maybe there is an easier way to x-pro in GIMP?

Oh, and for the record, I'm not looking to do anything along the cheesy lines of Hipstamatic. lol

What kind of file is it? (What is the extension?)

Doesn't Mac have a software center or package manager kind of like in Linux?

Here is the link I downloaded for Windows (I'm running 7 if that makes a difference): Python 2.5.6

The downloaded file is a TGZ. The unzipped folder contains almost 4000 files of different extensions.

Mentioned on my previous post, but forgot on this one: no idea about the Mac, I'm still learning OS (and my Linux knowledge is little to none).

Did you read the README file? Instructions are inside.

No kidding! ;) Thanks!

Forgive me, first day back in the office after 2 months of maternity leave! My head is out of the game.

Wow. This is complicated.

Was directed from Read Me file to a different file (for building on non-linux). Now downloaded MSVC++ to read another file.

I'll update when this gets finished.

Are you trying to install it on Mac or Windows?

Are you trying to install it on Mac or Windows?

In the beginning, I thought he tried to install GIMP in MacOS. But then Windows was mentioned. So I am confused. ~_~

Most reactions

Back