What's new

Quantaray 70-210 f2.8

dustin0479

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
9
Location
Delaware
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found this Quantaray 70-210 f2.8 APO locally for $350.00, does anyone have experience with this lens? It sounds like a great deal....
 
Any suggestions are welcomed, I must give the owner a response in the morning.
 
Thanks, I found that link earlier but it did not really give me much information. I was kind of hoping to find people with experience with that lens or even an opinion if it is worth the money.
 
Quantarays are the store brand for Ritz cameras. Many Quantarays are made for Ritz by Sigma.... not sure who else makes them. I would say that that is way too high a price for anything labeled Quantaray... since they are usually low end consumer lenses, with no warranty that will be honored. I did find some references on the web to the 70-210 2.8 being sold used on KEH for $120 four years ago. Also found references to them having poor IQ and having focus issues. So do some research online.. check KEH.COM and EBAY completed listings....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUANTARAY-t...83077149?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item1e675ba11d didnt even sell at $150... much less the $350 you mentioned

http://www.keh.com/search?store=cam...de=Class&grade=Grade&sprice=0&eprice=0&r=SE&e (shows what Quantrays are worth in general)
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Exactly! :) I was trying to be nice for a change.... lol!
 
Thanks for the feedback. I had done some research but only found a couple complaints before I read your post. After changing the wording in the search i found significantly more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom