What's new

question about a camera

amr79

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
First off hello to everyone, I am new to the forum.

And I have a dumb question; I have a Promaster 2500 PK camera (your basic beginner camera); I've only took b&w photos with it, could this be used to take color photos? If so, what kind of film is suggested?
 
isn't this just a film slr? Wouldn't the film determine black n white vs color? I'm not seeing anything saying only black n white.

Pretty nice looking camera actually.
 
isn't this just a film slr? Wouldn't the film determine black n white vs color? I'm not seeing anything saying only black n white.

Pretty nice looking camera actually.


Yes it is a manual slr. Ok, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.
 
First off, there are no dumb questions, only ones to which you do not know the answer. asfixiate is correct, it's a basic 35mm film SLR (Looking like a rebadged Ricoh but that's just a guess).

That will be fine for taking colour or black & white pictures. As far as film goes, it's really a matter of what kind of results you want. As with B&W the slower the film (lower the ASA) the finer the grain and the more you can enlarge the printed image. If you want really vivid colour (nature, landscape) Fuji tends to be the way to go, Kodak is a good general purpose film in print or slide.

I would probably pick up a couple of rolls of Kodacolour 200 to start with and see how you like that.

Hope that helps
~John
 
I have that same camera. As others have said, it will have no problem doing color film.
 
First off, there are no dumb questions, only ones to which you do not know the answer. asfixiate is correct, it's a basic 35mm film SLR (Looking like a rebadged Ricoh but that's just a guess).
I think it's a clone of a Pentax K1000 (albeit a plastic one) with a few more features like a telephoto lens, DOF preview, self timer, double exposure capability. Mine is an impulse buy. I saw it on the shop's shelf and just had to have it. :heart:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom