Question about authenticity of films and photos

I have been reading and asking people about this for the past few weeks, and sharing the answers posted here with teachers. What I got so far is this:

The existence of audio can't be used as evidence for something paranormal. It may indicate fraud or an accident/poor quality, but not supernatural.

She could easily superimpose images to the photographies using something called "double exposure" that I don't really understand but I'm sure you guys know about.

It remains unexplained to me the "clock" patterns that go outside the image region of the film tape. I was told that, unless properly analyzed, there's no way of knowing what that is, and it is possible to be just chemical or fisical tampering of the film tape after recording.

I have been reading and asking people about this for the past few weeks, and sharing the answers posted here with teachers. What I got so far is this:

The existence of audio can't be used as evidence for something paranormal. It may indicate fraud or an accident/poor quality, but not supernatural.

She could easily superimpose images to the photographies using something called "double exposure" that I don't really understand but I'm sure you guys know about.

It remains unexplained to me the "clock" patterns that go outside the image region of the film tape. I was told that, unless properly analyzed, there's no way of knowing what that is, and it is possible to be just chemical or fisical tampering of the film tape after recording.
Here's a thread about ghost and I show a TRIPLE exposure
How to do such a picture
ashton_ghost-jpg.56506

and below it a long exposure showing writing in the air

This stuff is EASY to do.

It remains unexplained to me the "clock" patterns that go outside the image region of the film tape.
This is very simple. If you look closely the pattern goes only outside upper and lower limits of frames, not the sides. It means tape was reminded, loaded back into camera and shot again with the "light pattern". The only problem it is impossible to align the film perfectly with previous frames.
Then look closely at the video you presented to us. Nothing seems strange ? Why she is always shooting some random subjects ? Power lines at night ? Not really something a person armed with 8 mm camera and 3 minutes of precious film would shoot. No kids, no friends, house, dog or presidential motorcade. Always some bushes, empty landscapes etc. Then tons of notes taken during long period of time. What for ? To prove something ? Normal thing for scientist, but she is not one. Then the video shows also her collection of amassed during the years material. Strangely I can see 400 feet canisters of 16 mm film. This is inconsistency. Or lie. But they look much more impressive than tiny rolls of 8 mm. Whom they want to impress ?
Questions you have that exactly what creators of such a video clips intended for you. It is magicians trick of channelling the attention where magician wants. In science thing have to be verified multiple times before are taken seriously.
Yeah, one day you will smile thinking about it

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the answers. You guys are amazing and I appreciate you shared your specialized knowledge with me. I hope I didn't bother anyone with my intrusion in this forum. If I may, I would like to post similar questions in the future, is that ok?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back