Question about Manfrotto quick release mechanism...

splproductions

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going to add this at the end of the thread I just started about levels, but I hate disorganized threads, so I thought I'd start a new one...

So I pull that lever on the head that opens up the space for me to place the quick release plate on. Then I place the plate (with the camera attached) into the head piece. Now that lever that you were holding open, should that slide all the way back and kind of "close" or "lock"? Or do you just kind of press on it firmly and you're good to go? I am pressing quite firmly, and it isn't closing all the way back, or "locking" into place at all.

I don't want to force it and break something, but I don't want my quick release plate to fall out and break my camera. Anyone know how these work?

When you click it in the Lever should spring loaded snap back by itself and then there is a locking lever ( at least on mine)

Make sure you have the Plate facing the right way, There are arrows on it that point towatds the front of the camera

It's definitely facing the right way. Mine is the 391RC, and it doesn't seem to have any sort of locking mechanism. It does spring back part way, and I can actually push it almost all the way back to its original resting place when the plate isn't on the head, but it just seems a little sketchy having that friction be the only thing holding the plate in.

Sometimes it's still a little loose after it snaps in. I just push it a little with my thumb to tighten it up if I'm worried about it.

There should be some type of lock though - some lever you have to depress to open it...

Most reactions

Back