question about ordering prints...

ATXshots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to order a photo from shutterfly so I can pick it up at Target later today. I resized my photo to 8x10 in photoshop...uploaded it to shutterfly and it is being cropped weird by shutterfly. I tried resizing the photo to 5x7 (in ps) and it still did not work. Then, I increased my canvas size by 1 inch thinking that would work, but nope...same thing :(. Can anyone help me?

What is the size (in pixels) of the file you are trying to send?

The standard is usually 300 pixels per inch of print...so for an 8x10, your file would be 2400 x 3000 pixels.

Okay...I think I got it...I had to uncheck the "constrain proportions" button. Thanks :)

In Photoshop, you can use the crop tool...and set it to the ratio you want, and even to the resolution that you want. It even has presets for the popular print sizes. So just click on the crop tool, then in the preset menu, choose 8x10 @ 300 PPI.

In Photoshop, you can use the crop tool...and set it to the ratio you want, and even to the resolution that you want. It even has presets for the popular print sizes. So just click on the crop tool, then in the preset menu, choose 8x10 @ 300 PPI.

Oh thanks! That will make things much easier ;)

Just remember to save the file as a copy 'for print' and don't overwrite your original.

save as instead of just save.

Oh okay....I do that. I thought maybe there was a setting to save 'for print'.

Most reactions

Back