Question about retouching

Devinhullphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the best way to remove or soften bags under the eyes?

I think completely removing them would make the person look not so much like themselves...

Attachments

• $image-3425149306.jpg
    $image-3425149306.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 91
Personalty they don't bother me. But I once watched a video showing a nice way to do this was to duplicate the layer in Photoshop remove them and then adjust the opacity on the layer so that the final image is a combination of the two.

Personalty they don't bother me. But I once watched a video showing a nice way to do this was to duplicate the layer in Photoshop remove them and then adjust the opacity on the layer so that the final image is a combination of the two.

I used to use the clone stamp on lighten at a lower opacity and it looked decent.

The bags aren't the issue. The shadows the bags cast are the issue.

I use the Patch tool and get rid of them entirely.

When retouching a face (or skin in general), I'll first go through and get rid of blemishes & pimples etc. Things that aren't a part of a person face every day of their lives.

When it comes to things like wrinkles and eye bags, I will create a new layer, then use a healing and/or cloning tool to get rid of them. Once that is done, I'll adjust the opacity of the layer, so that they are still there, just less prominent.

Another layer will get an overall smoothing effect, selectively applied to the skin. And again, adjust opacity to taste.

in photoshop...patch tool... then edit - fade patch selection...

Devinhullphoto said:
What is the best way to remove or soften bags under the eyes?

I think completely removing them would make the person look not so much like themselves...

Agreed...totally removing them can make the person look very "different". I usually do what you do D...just use the clone tool and a reduced opacity and flow, and with a 50 pixel wide,soft-edged brush brush, I just kinda "paint on" a soft layer of under-eye concealer--digitally. Also works for people who have dark circles under the eyes.

I saw a pro, Doug Gordon, who just uses the healing brush, makes a sort of crescent-shaped selection, then pulls downward, and that 'heals' eye wrinkles and such quite rapidly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back