Question for Overread

ChrisA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

In another thread you posted this.

You know you can set the twinflash up so that on a double tap of the shutter button (half way) you can turn the focusing aid lights on - makes a massive help for the high magnification shots. Otherwise I know it cuts the depth of field down but try f5.6 or even f4 for the 5:1 shots - it makes a massive different to sharpness.

Now I tried this out, on my 50d at weekend. I can only get the model lighting on DOF preview button, not on half press of shutter.

Have you set some CF function on the flash/camera to get this to work ? I'd be greatful to know what I've done wrong.

Yep its a custom function of the twinflash unit - go to page 29 in the manual for the custom function description page for more details.

To enable it go to custom function 9 and set it to 1 (active). That enables the focus assist lamps to turn on when you double tap the shutter half way (another double tap turns them off).

Thank you

I'll have to look into getting a manual. I've lost mine.

Canon should have copy somewhere on their website - try searching their help section (since they don't actually have a product page for their flash units).

Most reactions

Back