What's new

Question Re: remote trip wire photography

Bushman Survival

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi. This is my first time on your site. I am hoping to find an answer or suggestions to my question.

I want to set up a remote camera but NO infrared. So I can not use a modern trail cam. Also need to capture night activity.

Does anyone know how to set up an old film camera (or video cam) or modern digital camera (or video cam) to be actuated with a pressure pad, trip wire, repeating trip switch, etc? And how to capture the subject at night?

I look forward to hearing from you on your ideas.

Thanks!
 
The Nikon F5 when equipped with the MF-28 back will trap focus. That is it can be set up,a focus point chosen and any time an object comes into that point the shutter will be tripped. Flash can be used as well.

Depending on what you want to do a camera that will time lapse may be an easier set-up. There are a few videos on yootoob that cover the subject.
 
The only way you can shoot at night without flash is infrared.

With no infrared and no flash you’re pretty much SOL.
 
The only way you can shoot at night without flash is infrared.

With no infrared and no flash you’re pretty much SOL.
I think the OP is referring to the trigger mechanism, not the film/sensor capability.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom