Question to D7000 owners, are you going to upgrade to the D7100 ?

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now that the D7100 is out there are no more speculations.
The amount of rumours that flooded the net was very exhausting and I am glad I know what the D7000 replacement is capable of doing.
I think its a great camera, probably the best DX currently in the market and the price is very good too.
Now I asked myself if its worth for me to upgrade my D7000 to the D7100, is there something that is a dramatic upgrade over my D7000, something that will have a significant improvement over my D7000.

To me the answer is simple, No!

I simply cant justify selling my D7000 and buying a new D7100 when I still didnt even scratch my D7000 true capabilities yet, I dont feel limited by my D7000 in any way, shape or form.
I love my D7000 is very happy with it and while I know the D71000 is a better camera I dont think its so good for me to drop my D7000 and run and get the D7100

So are you D7000 owners planing to get the D7100 or you plan on keeping your D7000 ?

I am planing on upgrading but i will keep my d7000, they are only at 25 000 +- and in new condition AND they worth nothing anymore. no point of selling these puppies.

If and when I upgrade it will probably be the replacement to the D800......The D7000 is fine for now.

My next upgrade will be the D800 so I'm in NO hurry to get the D7100.

My next upgrade will most likely be whatever replaces the D7100. :D Because that's how long I anticipate it will be before I really want/need to upgrade my D7000.

The D7100 looks like a great camera and seems like a pretty good price for it too. But like the OP, I haven't even scratched the surface of the abilities of my D7K and can't really foresee outgrowing it anytime soon.
Should I find myself with a spare $1200 in the next year, it'll be going toward better glass, not the D7100.

If you had a D90/D300/D300s I think it would be a worthy upgrade IMO. The sensor on the D7000 is still amazing. Unless it was mostly used for video or you are into big telephoto lenses with the use of converters, I see no point in upgrading to a D7100 from a D7000...

No way. I've had my D7000 for almost a year now and it's still above my expertise. If I ever upgrade, it will be FX and that's some years in the future.

As of right now, absolutely not. Main reason is, none of my tethering software has been upgraded to work with the D7100, and none of them look like they're going to, either. My next upgrade is going to turn my D600 into my back-up.

Last edited:
Not a chance. My second body is going to be a D3.

What are these capabilities that you guys are claiming that you haven't even touched yet that is preventing you from upgrading?

I used the 5.2 MP Nikon D1X until 2010.
I bought 2 - D60's in 2006 and used them for a side business (shooting action sports) until late 2008 when I replaced them with 4 - D90's.
Nine months after after the D300s started shipping I replaced all my - D1X's with 2 low shutter count, used, D300 and 2 - D3 bodies.

So if I had a D7000 today, I would not likely consider upgrading to a D7200 until the D7300 starts shipping in about 3 years. ;)

What are these capabilities that you guys are claiming that you haven't even touched yet that is preventing you from upgrading?

These are my own limitations, I am still so novice that sometime I shock myself how little I know LOL
I know how to work the mechanical side of the camera but composition is a foreign world for me and most of my pictures are ok but nothing more then that.
Whats the point in getting a badass camera if the results will look exactly the same ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back