Quick Edits from Today for C&C...

MikeBookPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stillstories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Did my first "couples" shoot today. It went well, with the exception of me getting stung by a yellow-jacket right on the top of my ear in the middle of the shoot. :confused:

Thoughts on composition, processing, etc., appreciated.

3968311668_1e9e95c3b9.jpg

3967535799_6e770c07f1.jpg

3968311912_6ae111db80.jpg

3967536183_c65501c9a7.jpg

In 1,3,4 the highlights look blown out and in 2 the image looks underexposed.

#1. their eyes are a little high in the shot, try to get their eyes on about 2/3 up.
#2. looks a bit flat, no highlights, maybe over processed?
#3. interesting angle but i don't like looking up peoples noses. Girl's face is in shade too much.
#4. best of the bunch, but in this case i would have aimed a little bit left to balance the space either side of them. Nice lighting.

I agree with the other comments, but I would also like to point out that #2 is stylistically interesting because of the color, though it's not quite working. The same thing regarding #3, but in re composition rather than color. Keep shooting! You're getting somewhere.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Most of the exposure extremes were done in PP. I'm digging the overexposed style, and have been using it quite a bit. Image #2 is actually not as flat as I would ideally like to see. That image is a departure from my "normal" PP technique.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back