QUICK Lens Help

tp973

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

New to the forum. I need some quick advice on lens options. I deciding between one that is a Nikor 18-105 mm VR lens, and another that is a Nikor 18-55 mm VR lens. If I understand this correctly, the 18-105 can take the same shots that the other can and more, essentially doubling the focal length of the 18-55, correct? If I had to choose between them, it would be in my best interest to go with the 18-105, right?

Thanks in advance for your help!
T

Yep the 18-105vr is the better general walkabout use lens. Barring that more flexible option would be the 18-55vr & 55-200vr which is also liked by many as a alternative.

But using the 18-105vr for a bit and see where your preferences and style take you. Will allow you to fine tune what your next lenses should be.

Sweet. Thanks a million!

One thing to note: lenses are not only about focal lengths. Actually, that is almost the least important thing when deciding which to buy. Sure, you go for certain focal length when shopping, but there it ends. You need to take in account other attributes as well: build quality, IS/VR, AF type, AF speed, quality of the produced image etc etc etc.

That is true but the 2 kit lens options here are very similar except in focal length so in this instance it would imho make more sense to go with the bigger range lens.

I agree jaomul. I just wanted to be sure he understands how to choose a lens in the future.

Good points Tomasko, the more info we all get the easier it is to make the decisions ( assuming our wallets allow of course)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back