What's new

Quick Question

whidds said:
thank you... still really struggling to know the difference between the af-s 35mm and af-s 50mm
also.. why did you go with the more expensive f1.4 50mm?
thank you for your help

lenejetva said:
more expensive will have more good quality of result..

What she said as well as what KmH said a couple posts above yours. I also read some reviews on the 50mm f/1.8 and the f/1.4. I personally found the lens to be a better lens even though it does have some barrel distortion. Plus if I'm gonna spend money on a lens I might as well get a decent one. I don't think the 50mm/35mm f/1.8 are bad lenses though
 
whidds said:
thank you... still really struggling to know the difference between the af-s 35mm and af-s 50mm
also.. why did you go with the more expensive f1.4 50mm?
thank you for your help


The difference between 50 and 35 are their equivalent focal length. Not sure what camera you are using but anything like the d3000, d3100, d5000, d5100, and others have a cropped sensor. This means that the equivalent focal length (field of view) of a 35mm lens will equal about 52mm. Not sure if I explained it correct. But the main difference between the 50 and 35 is the length!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom