Quite rare

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here in the UK the Waters Voles are becoming quite hard to see - owing to predation by the invasive Mink- some were released from Mink farms and have spread like wildfire and their preferred diet is Water Voles unfortunately

I managed to get this little chap - Sony a9 + Sony 200-600mm lens

hSMTzIJ.jpg

Les :)

Ps here an offender the Mink- caught on a footpath close to a large lake

cPXC3vl.jpg

It's a nicely composed pic and he/she is a good looking specimen. I rarely see pics of them so thanks for sharing and btw, are they about the size of a cat or a little larger?

Love them, well done, well caught!

Nice couple of shots.

It's a nicely composed pic and he/she is a good looking specimen. I rarely see pics of them so thanks for sharing and btw, are they about the size of a cat or a little larger?
Thnak you Kirk- the Water Vole is a little larger than a Mouse and smaller than a Rat- if that helps
Love them, well done, well caught!
Thank you :)
Nice couple of shots.
Thank you :)
Nice shots! Was wondering what a Water Vole looked like. The Mink looks very similar to a Ferret.
Indeed Jeff about the same size as a Ferret too :)

Les

Nice shots: never have seen a Water Vole before. It really sucks when humans upset the balance of nature with their heedless introduction of both foreign animals and plants.

Nice shots: never have seen a Water Vole before. It really sucks when humans upset the balance of nature with their heedless introduction of both foreign animals and plants.
I agree 100% with that and thank you for your comments Joel :)

Les

Most reactions

Back