quotes

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know I LOVE quotes especially the little icon ones. Figure this would be a fun little thread to share your favorite funny; serious or silly ones.

Some of mine.

1)Never regret anything because at one point in your life it was exactly what you wanted!

2)do unto others;before they do unto me!

And of course the one on my siggy.

For a long time, I has this as in my sig...

The only thing a non-conformist hates more than a conformist, is another non-conformist who does not conform to the prevailing standard of non-conformity!

yes, but who said them?

Winston Churchill must be the master when it comes to great quotes... oh, and Homer Simpson is pretty good too!

Lady Astor (infuriated): "Mister Churchill, if I were your wife, I'd put poison in your tea."
Churchill: "Madam, were I your husband, I would surely drink it." :lol:

"The Answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom of the bottle, they're on TV!" Homer Simpson

I have a few... but I visit this little mom and pop eatery occasionally (It's a place called Mama Jeans, and named after the mother of the owners.) and they have a dry erase board each day with a new saying on it from Mama Jean (in her 80's easily). This was my favorite:

"Worry is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it gets you nowhere."

And a couple more to think about:

"They'll f... you at the drive through!" Joe "Leo Getz" Pesci: Lethal Weapon

"Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it." Steve "Navin R. Johnson" Martin: The Jerk

My grandfather passed on some of his wisdom to me in my youth. One bit of sage advice was:

"There's more room out than there is in."

Of course this was just after he asked me to pull his finger.

great idea!

I would have to agree with Churchill and Homer Simpson lol!

But I'll have to go with my favorite Einstein quote..

"I know not what weapons we will fight World War III with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

along the lines of great quotes, this little segment from an interview with Dr Oppenheimer was very emotional, and the end is quite quotable. If your a history buff, it's worth seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
"A man can be happy with any woman, as long as he does not love her." - Oscar Wilde

Question:
How are you today?

Response:
Better than I was when I was worse off.

Author:
I started saying that 30-40 years ago, so I guess it's me.

(after a couple kidney transplants, and a couple years dialysis, I have been worse off)

And, I like the one in my sig.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good" - avatar that just jumped out of my taskbar

"As I grow older I pay less attention to what people say. I just watch what they do" - Andrew Carnegie

Most reactions

New Topics

Back