Racist Cormorants & opressed Swans (6 pictures)

Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The story behind #1 is that these group of cormorants literally chased away all the swans off the lake. I saw them form this group and corner the swans in a semi-circular formation until they reached the shore. At that point all the swans could do was leave, and they did. Racist bunch of cormorants..

#1 You're in the Wrong hood Bro!

8815717527_8675786210_c.jpg

Sharing some other Swan shots as well, let me know which one's you guys like.

#2 Swanning in Group!

8699593194_37f35e8b60_c.jpg

#3 A Black Swan

8580450808_1c2ea64e26_c.jpg

#4 An Elegant Swan

8580436944_a8303ecc35_c.jpg

#5 Modeling in the Sunlight

13987240546_3520109bdb_c.jpg

#6 Water Fest

8616663327_685ba229dd_c.jpg

Pretty sure that #s 3 and 5 are swans but the rest are geese. And I too prefer #4 above the rest of a fine set. Interesting behaviour by the Cormorants.

Yeah those are Geese Raj. Easy to get tricked by those in certain countries. #5 is a white Swan and good lighting for that one, nice pose as well grooming itself. That one with the knob on the forehead in #4 is an excellent profile head shot, very crisp and clear. #1 cracks me up getting ganged up by the Cormorants ;) :) That's a great shot and a good read. #3 the black Swan is another excellent shot with the neck down like that and nice colours on the water Raj. Nicely done. The water splash is always a bonus, nice shot.

All the best over there Raj and good shooting, very interesting to see.

Danny.

ANother vote for #4 Raj, it's a winner :thumbup:

Pretty sure that #s 3 and 5 are swans but the rest are geese. And I too prefer #4 above the rest of a fine set. Interesting behaviour by the Cormorants.

This is something I always get confused about, ducks vs geese vs swans. Gonna study this in depth now :p
Thanks for your comments baturn, and indeed a strange behaviour. Specially considering these geese were much larger in size than them.

Yeah those are Geese Raj. Easy to get tricked by those in certain countries. #5 is a white Swan and good lighting for that one, nice pose as well grooming itself. That one with the knob on the forehead in #4 is an excellent profile head shot, very crisp and clear. #1 cracks me up getting ganged up by the Cormorants ;) :) That's a great shot and a good read. #3 the black Swan is another excellent shot with the neck down like that and nice colours on the water Raj. Nicely done. The water splash is always a bonus, nice shot.

All the best over there Raj and good shooting, very interesting to see.

Danny.

Thank you so much for the nice comments Danny. The black swan, I feel I missed the focus a bit. But I didn't want to miss that 'head rising from the water' shot. You win some, you lose some I guess :)

This is something I always get confused about, ducks vs geese vs swans. Gonna study this in depth now :p
Thanks for your comments baturn, and indeed a strange behaviour. Specially considering these geese were much larger in size than them.

You are not alone Raj ;) Ducks and geese I find easy, but Swans vs Geese is a bit harder, similar in a lot of respects. Black backed Gulls always confuse me here when in flight, they look so much like Hawks.

You are not alone Raj ;) Ducks and geese I find easy, but Swans vs Geese is a bit harder, similar in a lot of respects. Black backed Gulls always confuse me here when in flight, they look so much like Hawks.

Not anymore, Ducks are smaller and they quack. Geese are larger and they Honk. Swan is the largest, and have a very long neck.

Fun fact:
#1The white Geese here are the Chinese Geese which can lay upto 100 eggs each season :meh:
#2 There's a species called the "Swan Goose". Hah! Checkmate baturn :p

Not anymore, Ducks are smaller and they quack. Geese are larger and they Honk. Swan is the largest, and have a very long neck.

Fun fact:
#1The white Geese here are the Chinese Geese which can lay upto 100 eggs each season :meh:
#2 There's a species called the "Swan Goose". Hah! Checkmate baturn :p

And then ...... we have a Mongoose :) :) :)

Never heard of a Swan Goose. So now I have to go look it up.

The title and the story had me cracking up too. That black swan looks like some kind of serpent/dragon creature.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back