Railroad Spikes

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have had the past week off, I assume Corry is running low on railroad spikes for the spammers so...I'll donate some of mine. :mrgreen:

1. (Canon EF)
036872_023.jpg

See it bigger here

2. (Heiland Pentax)
0376871_023.jpg

See it bigger here

Has anyone ever seen a new railroad spike? I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't rusty... Maybe they come from the factory that way, lol.

Has anyone ever seen a new railroad spike? I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't rusty... Maybe they come from the factory that way, lol.

Actually they come with this flimsey dark grey coating...it don't take much to peel away and begin rusting.

They went threw here last year and refurbished both sets of tracks that run by my house, I got to see some verry new ones.

Where did you find the spikes?

Were you the cause of that train wreck.... Hmmmm????

Where did you find the spikes?

Were you the cause of that train wreck.... Hmmmm????

I literally live a stones throw from two sets of rails, when they refurbished them they replaced all the spikes and ties and just left them, there are still some good piles of old spikes loafin around these rails.

I like the textures in the first shot a lot. The woodgrain and the rust, in my opinion, make a nice combination of elements. My own taste would be to see more rust as the main subject, either with a tighter/closer crop or more spikes, and use the woodgrain as more of a background. Also, the head of the leftmost spike nags at my eye a little because it falls out of the focused field (how exactly does one discuss depth of field linguistically? Could I say it falls out of the DOF? I've seen it done, but it doesn't sound right to me.) Again, though, nice shot. The weathered wood and rust work well together.

Yes I do see what you are talking about, the tip of the rightmost does as well, I can't remember the settings I took this on other than the shutter speed...I was not logging these shots due to my primary intrest in testing the pentax. I do know that I could have gotten one more stop out of it but...

Most reactions

Back