Railroad Ties - C&C

BlueCobalt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took this shot up in St Louis. curious on what everyone thinks and maybe any suggestions how to edit if i did not do a good job

8611212767_7283c1c005_z.jpg

It doesn't look like ties but railroad spikes. Interesting and quite abstract composition. Maybe this is my monitor but the picture is a bit too soft like for rusting iron.

I was also expecting to see RR ties. The spikes here are actually more interesting, so nicely seen! I would agree that all this iron should translate to a sharply focused image so we can get that element of texture, which is missing here. A tad brighter overall with just a bit more contrast might be worthwhile.

A good shot, deserves some attention. :)

oh yes sorry those are spikes... ok so ill re work it and post it. any suggestion on how i should make it stand out more? some high pass sharpen? my post processing skills are still in the learning stage

I would not have guessed that these are railroad spikes before you told me.

Good work. This looks almost like one of those fanciful drawings of a city skyline. I wouldn't change anything. It looks sharp enough as far as I can tell at this size and there appears to be plenty of contrast. I like dark images, and this is the second one I've commented on today - others may disagree, but it's your call. If you do want to sharpen it, look into edge sharpening (Edge Mask Sharpening ? Underwater Photoshop) to avoid making the interior of the spike faces look noisy.

Good work. This looks almost like one of those fanciful drawings of a city skyline. I wouldn't change anything. It looks sharp enough as far as I can tell at this size and there appears to be plenty of contrast. I like dark images, and this is the second one I've commented on today - others may disagree, but it's your call. If you do want to sharpen it, look into edge sharpening (Edge Mask Sharpening ? Underwater Photoshop) to avoid making the interior of the spike faces look noisy.

thanks ken, i thought it was good but it will be good to get a comparison

Most reactions

New Topics

Back