Railways in Athens

Thanasis_gs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first image post, so i hope i 've done everything ok!
This photo, is from Agios Ioannis Rentis, Athens, Greece. A.I. Rentis is an industrial area and offers plenty of shots like this one.
I will post more when i have the chance. I hope you like it.
P.S I made a great mistake. I took the shot, as a .jpeg file and not as a RAW one.

A better shot would be if you could zoom out so that you'd get a little bit of sky and the whole hill on the background into the picture. Good job though.

Ah man...so close in my opinion. I love the feeling of depth you get from the fog, and the really warm tone is great. I think you gotta try and reshoot this one. Try to keep the rail lines within the frame of the ironworks (what the hell do you call em?). A lower angle maybe? Less nothing space (by nothing space, I mean all that on the left).

Yeah, I was saying to zoom out so that you get more hill instead of just cuttin' it in half but I was also thinking that lowering FoV and cutting the hill off completely might of also worked

Very industrial look to this photo with the haze, lines and tone. You need to go back, shoot some more and share.

Thank you all for your comments!
It was also my first thought when i saw the shot... I went to take those pictures, because i wanted to test my new zoom lens (a canon ef 75-300) and to see how far it can zoom. I liked it and forgot to take a zoomed-out shot :lol:
But, as you all suggested, i will retake the shot with a ''wider'' lens (and .raw settings) :)

Last edited:
Very industrial look to this photo with the haze, lines and tone. You need to go back, shoot some more and share.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I really like this.

Most reactions

Back