Rain Care

nedergs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,
I'm 15 years old and this is my first post on the forum, so I hope I don't mess anything up :mrgreen:
I have a Sony A300/A350 camera and two lenses, one telephoto and one wide angle lens. I am leaving on Monday morning to Zurich for 2.5 days, and then to Lucern for 3 days, which is slightly south-west of Zurich.
I was planning on taking a lot of pictures and trying all kind of stuff, since well, Israel and Switzerland have a lot of differences, and I wanted to catch some of the stuff in Switzerland which I would have never been able to catch in Israel.
Anyway, to the point,
I checked out the forecast and saw that the two days that I will be in Zurich will be rainy.
So my question is, how do I take care of my camera in the rain? Should I even take photos in the rain? etc...
Thanks a lot,
Neder.

I can't speak as to whether or not it is rain sealed. I would advise buying a rain cover from Kata.

a drop here or there wont kill it, though i dont suggest shooting in a downpour. i would take care using a hooded lens to avoid spots of water on your lenses regardless of how heavy the rain is coming down.

i shot during a rainy day in tokyo last week with my D90 that isn't weather sealed. i kept the camera in the waterproof bag until i wanted to shoot and against my body under my jacket to keep it out of the rain while it was out fo the bag. having an umbrella was handy too....and necessary cause of the monsoon we were stuck in.

3659192634_0be545d02e_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back