Rangefinder with Leica Screwmount

Parptarf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I'm looking for another rangefinder camera to replace my FED-2. Preferably something with the LSM mount.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Canon LSM rangefinders. But I'm having a hard time chosing between something older, like the I/II/III/IV or the newer V and VI model(No, I don't want a 7)

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Get something NEW, and MODERN, with a dead-on, accurate match-LED metering system and access to NEW, good, Made in Japan Voigtlander lenses... This is my Bessa-R, from about 2002. The lenses are very good, yet affordable. The 35mm/1.7 Ultron Aspherical is amazing when shot right at the sun...super flare and ghost suppression! The 50mm f/1.5 Nokton is pretty nice, and the 75mm f/2.5 is compact and focuses great, carries very comfortably. There are other lenses too, some small pancakes, etc. Plus older Leica thread mount lenses from other makers. This has a mechanically-timed shutter, a good, modern rangefinder, and exellent hand feel and ergonomics, and it is a native LSM camera.

This camera has a whole lens line behind it, and as you know LSM lenses can be adapted to Leica-M fairly easily with a good $35-$50 adapter.

Cameraquest dot com has a lot of information on rangefinder offerings, and some good article on what to choose for various uses and priorities.

Attachments

• Bessa R_CROP_1600x w_35mm lens.jpg
    Bessa R_CROP_1600x w_35mm lens.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 109
  • _D3X0113_Bessa R_35_75_50_1600x.jpg
    _D3X0113_Bessa R_35_75_50_1600x.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 120
OP
Parptarf

Parptarf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do kind of want a Bessa-R, But I also want an old school rangefinder with LTM.

compur

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
I have a Canon L1 and a Bessa-R. Both are great

Most reactions