What's new

RANT rant rant blah blah blah

Duncan,

First off, nice shots. I particularly think the starbursts and leading lines in the first are effective :thumbup: I think the others would benefit with more foreground interest, but I also like the colour one during the blue hour.

Unfortunately, things are getting worse for us photographers here in the UK. About two weeks ago, me and a friend were taking night shots in and around Parliament Square here in London. I was taking this photo, when a police van pulled up RIGHT in front of the tripod, three of them came out and explained to us that we had been here quite a while, that this was a "government security zone", and that they were taking down our details "for the system". They did one of those stop and searches, took down our name and addresses, asked us our purposes and asked to see the shots. I'm fairly certain I could have denied if they lacked a warrant, but to avoid confrontation I showed them, as there wasn't anything sensitive on there anyway. They told us to keep the sheet so that if we were stopped by police again we could show them we have already been questioned. They (thankfully) didn't attempt to deny our right to photograph the area.

Interestingly, on the back of the sheet they give you with your details copied, it says (condensed):

A police officer must take reasonable steps to tel you:

- that you are detained for the purpose of a search
-their name and police station
-what they are looking for
-what reason they have for searching you
-what legal powers they have
-that you are entitled to a copy of this record


(there are some exceptions when detaining under anti-terror laws). Interestingly, this information is only given to you AFTER they have taken your details, which is somewhat irritating. From now on I'll at least know what I am entitled to be told by them.
 
Bad Boys, Bad Boys...whatcha gonna do when they come for you. :lmao:

NIce shooting Duncan. Glad you got a few shots fired off before the heavies came and took ya down. :D
 
Nice shots! I didn't realize you terrorist type were such good photographers. I guess a good quality picture of what your trying to blow up helps ;(
 
Duncan,

Interestingly, on the back of the sheet they give you with your details copied, it says (condensed):

A police officer must take reasonable steps to tel you:

- that you are detained for the purpose of a search
-their name and police station
-what they are looking for
-what reason they have for searching you
-what legal powers they have
-that you are entitled to a copy of this record

(there are some exceptions when detaining under anti-terror laws). Interestingly, this information is only given to you AFTER they have taken your details, which is somewhat irritating. From now on I'll at least know what I am entitled to be told by them.

worth knowing, thanks :)


Woo, Chiller commented one of my threads :thumbup:
 
those are nice love it..
 
thanks :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom