RB67 Pro S

ChrisJames99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking to find a little help with my Pro S.

The mirror seems to stick in the up position when I cock the lever. It isn't all the time, but it's a minor irritant, as this thing weights about the same as a brick sh-t house, as you know.

Other than that, I think I did good for $20 US. Hah

You'll probably benefit from sending it in for a good CLA.

Depends on who does it.

Sent from MyOuthouse using ToiletPaper 2.1

Does it happen with all lenses? Note there is a circular knob on the lens. There is a manual and auto position., In the manual position, the mirror locks up until you release it with a cable release. Maybe it's kinda stuck in between that position and the normal auto position??

Simply shop around for another. The trouble sounds like it's beyond a CLA, assuming you could find one for less than the price of another Pro S body. They're tough but many on the market now have been worked to death. Pricey, hard-to-find service often makes replacement preferable to repair.

Actually, it doesn't affect usability. Just a burden because I have to pull the prisim or pound the tripod on the ground once or twice to get the mirror to slap.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Simply shop around for another. The trouble sounds like it's beyond a CLA, assuming you could find one for less than the price of another Pro S body. They're tough but many on the market now have been worked to death. Pricey, hard-to-find service often makes replacement preferable to repair.

Buying another may simply replace one problem with another. It may have bad seals. An interlock may be malfunctioning. The focus screen may be misaligned.

A proper CLA will return a fully functional camera to the OP. And that is money spent well. Treated with respect, the repaired camera will outlast you.

Buying another may simply replace one problem with another. It may have bad seals. An interlock may be malfunctioning. The focus screen may be misaligned.

A proper CLA will return a fully functional camera to the OP. And that is money spent well. Treated with respect, the repaired camera will outlast you.
Thank you!

Or not. Please clue the OP--and us--in where that "proper CLA" is available for an ailing Pro S. CLAs usually don't resurrect dead/busted cameras. A working Pro S will run a bit north of $20. Old and busted is just that.

Or not. Please clue the OP--and us--in where that "proper CLA" is available for an ailing Pro S. CLAs usually don't resurrect dead/busted cameras. A working Pro S will run a bit north of $20. Old and busted is just that.

Did I miss a memo? The one where the OP says the camera is dead?

The camera isn't dead, the mirror just sticks up sometimes...

Yup. Seems you forgot to tell him where to get that CLA for his Pro S. Otherwise...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back