Re-edit of a shot from a week ago. C&C

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had posted a few shots I took last week and I had a lot of compliments on a particular photo, but a few knacks about the PP job (which I agreed w/ as well). I spent a little time and went back and played around some.

Here are the results

4326902814_42687d6948_b.jpg

I really like it!

The only thing that bugs me is the sharp line on the edge of the blur.

Can you put up the original so we can compare? This one looks great. Did you do any artificial blurring in PP? There are some areas that are blurred that don't look like they should be.

^ same issue that was said before. it just doesnt look right w/ everything in focus to me. oh well. perhaps its time to re-edit and not use any blur :( i was hoping it wouldnt be as noticable. i had a few people looking to buy a print. i dont think 99% of your public would notice the blur.

what are you using to blur it? i would try using a softer brush if you're using photoshop

^ same issue that was said before. it just doesnt look right w/ everything in focus to me. oh well. perhaps its time to re-edit and not use any blur :( i was hoping it wouldnt be as noticable. i had a few people looking to buy a print. i dont think 99% of your public would notice the blur.

The first one would be fine if you used a brush with softer edges. Like suggested above. Or if you used different layers to get the blur on the background.

Yes that's an improvement on the 1st one. However, when I asked for the original, I meant the non-PP one. Do you still have it?

If you're going to add blur to an image, you have to make sure you do it in a way that looks natural like the lens does it. If you're shooting something from that far away, you won't get much blur in the surrounding area even with a low aperture. It looks unnatural because it's not supposed to have that much blur if any at all.

Why are you blurring so much of the photo? You're even getting areas that shouldn't be touched o_O

Your blur isn't following how a lens blurs. From what I Could tell, the tree directly behind the house should be blurry since it is so far from the house. If you'd allow me I could show you with the original you posted. Otherwise it'd be extremely difficult to write out.

i personally like it best with none added

Why are you blurring so much of the photo? You're even getting areas that shouldn't be touched o_O

Your blur isn't following how a lens blurs. From what I Could tell, the tree directly behind the house should be blurry since it is so far from the house. If you'd allow me I could show you with the original you posted. Otherwise it'd be extremely difficult to write out.

the last one has none blurred.

and i was just playing around w/ DOF tool. didnt obviously work on the first few

Most reactions

Back