Ready for the next level...

QMaze

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Currently using a digi Kodak 4800DC. Very nice beginner camera but want a bit more flexibility with a lens. What do you say to a Nikon D1 or D1H?

Geez more digital....sigh.....okay, got that off my chest.

The nikons are nice, but you might want to take a look at the canons. The 20d or at the new digital rebel. Just seems to me the canons are little step ahead of everybody else. just my opinion.

Are you a beginner? I mean you say you are using a beginner camera. A D1 of D1H is not the next level. That's like 5 levels ahead. Do you have any experience with SLRs, or DSLRs?

You might want to look at D70s and Digital Rebels.

Yes I have a dreaded film SLR, ah got that off my chest.. :lol:

I own a Chinon 35mm, with a few lenses, pod, flash etc....but nothing to carry over to a new digi, since it has a screw type lenses. Digital has been a better solution for myself.

Well my 4800 is nice since it can go full manual but restricted by the lens and looking at some of the newer SLR's for the money still can't hold up to some of the pro series older models. Although the newer stuff has higher pixel counts they don't have the larger imager size or the capability, so hence my interest in the D1 or D1H.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back